The Omaha-based parent company of Cassling and Ensocare accepted its award at Modern Healthcare’s annual Workplace of the Future Conference and Awards Gala
A variety of policies that put employees first has led an Omaha-based health organization to once again be named one of the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
CQuence Health Group was on hand to accept their award at the Workplace of the Future Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 28. Dr. Kyle Salem, PhD and chief of staff for CQuence, represented the company at the awards ceremony and also moderated an insightful panel detailing best practices for managing and retaining today’s top healthcare talent.
“I’m honored that we were once again recognized by the Modern Healthcare publication,” said Dr. Salem, “not for the accolades it brings our company, but because it shows how companies can thrive when you put employees first. We have made culture the cornerstone of our business and will continue to support our team members, as we know that doing so isn’t just the right thing to do – it ensures success for our entire organization.”
This is the fifth year in a row that CQuence has been named to the prestigious list. Achieving this honor was possible thanks to numerous employee-focused efforts that put the company on the cutting edge of workforce development. Here are just a few:
- Volunteer Time Off- Employees are provided with a set number of hours of Paid Time Off per year to volunteer at a nonprofit of their choosing.
- “Thrive” – The company’s wellbeing committee organizes regular fitness challenges centered around an on-site exercise facility, nutritional education and the nation’s first ever Eat Fit Go vending machine.
- Employee Recognition Program– Team members are regularly recognized by supervisors and coworkers thanks to a system wherein all employees are empowered to provide positive feedback and assign gift cards called “Bob Bucks,” named after the company’s founder.
- Community Involvement– Employees’ entries into events like charity 5Ks and golf tournaments are fully covered by CQuence, and the company regularly offers sponsorship and support to charitable causes.
- Development – Employees attend regular lunch and learns through the CQ University program and meet regularly with supervisors for proactive coaching sessions that outline the employees’ goals, providing a roadmap for how to reach the next promotion or professional achievement.
“Today’s employees aren’t looking for a basic job where they can just clock in, bide their time, then clock out eight hours later,” said Mike Cassling, chairman and chief executive officer of CQuence Health Group. “Quite honestly, a lot of companies are losing their best people because they’re not putting in the time and effort to make those persons happy. The competition for top talent is just too stiff to lose sight of a company’s most valuable asset: its people.
“We will continue to listen to our employees’ feedback in order to develop and implement policies that help us achieve our goals and that help our team members find wellbeing in every aspect of their personal and professional lives.”
CQuence Health Group ranked #15 among healthcare suppliers by Modern Healthcare’s 2017 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. The complete list of this year’s winner rankings is available here. Modern Healthcare will publish a special supplement featuring ranked lists of all the winners along with the October 2 issue.